Questions taken from Hornswoggler the Great Antimucker.
1. What is in the backseat of your car right now? A toner cartridge ready to be shipped back for recycle. Two empty polycarbonate/BPA water bottles that will contribute to changes in animal hormonal systems.
2.When was the last time you threw up? Last October in the parking garage of Swedish Hospital when being wheeled out to the car after a surgery.
3.What’s your favorite curse word? Unimaginatively, I guess it’s the F word.
4.Name 3 people who made you smile today. My husband leaving on a trip (but not because he left.) It’s too early for me to have seen anybody else today.
5.What were you doing at 8:00 a.m. today? Picking up the house to get ready for the housecleaner.
6.What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Reading my interview as posted on Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist.
7.What will you be doing 3 hours from now? Working on a short story that has the word polycarbonate/BPA in it.
8. Have you ever been to a strip club? No.
9. What is the last thing you said aloud? “I know you hate it.” Said to my cat about this week’s $5000 remodel of his favorite room.
10. What is the best ice cream flavor? Pralines ‘n Cream.
11. What is the last thing you had to drink. Have decaf coffee with cream.
12. What are you wearing right now? Um. Well, what you can see is: Lime green velour sweater, beige polyester/spandex slacks, sandals.
13. What was the last thing you ate? A piece of toast.
14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? A golf shirt.
15. When was the last time you ran? About six weeks ago when a rain squall came through and I was taking a walk, but figured if I ran I could get home before becoming drenched. I think running in the rain gets you wetter.
16. What is the last sporting event you watched? The superbowl.
What happened to 17? Eaten by my cat when it tried to crawl away.
18. Who is the last person you emailed? Patrick at Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist to ask him to correct “bind-bending” to “mind-bending.” So much for spell check.
19. Ever go camping? Yup. Big backpack expeditions into the mountains got replaced by car-camping, and then by hotels that for some reason never use fitted sheet on the bottom.
20. Do you have a tan? Try not to, but can’t help it. I’m outdoors a lot and it’s very sunny in Eastern WA.
OK, now what happened to 21, 22, and 23? Eaten by the great internet maw, that voracious time-eater that is making havoc of my morning.
24. Do you drink soda from a straw? Once only, when acting in “Our Town” in high school.
25. What did your last IM say. I swore off IM, so don’t remember.
26. Are you someone’s best friend? Used to be.
27. What are you doing tomorrow? Cook a pork roast, spend time with friends visiting from over the mountains (Seattle.)
28. Where is your mom right now? Oh, that is too sad.
29. Look to your left, what do you see? The back of my living room couch, with a big sag in it where my cat has worn a depression in it. Beyond, out the window, a big rhody, a line of arbor vitae trees all moving in a stiff breeze. Bright blue skies.
30. What color is your watch? Silver.
31. What do you think of when you think of Australia? Drunks and crocodiles.
32. Would you consider plastic surgery? Do I need it, is that what you’re saying? But no.
33. What is your birthstone? Ruby.
34. Do you go in at fast food joints, or just hit the drive through? Good idea.
35. How many kids do you want? For what?
36. Do you have a dog? Do they still stink when they’re wet?
37. The last person you talked to on the phone. A volunteer for Write on the River.
38. Have you met anyone famous? Other than writers, no. But I had a taco next to the table where Tim Allen was sitting in Sante Fe a couple years ago. On that same trip I drove through a small town where there were filming a movie, and I saw a director’s chair with John Travolta’s name stenciled on it. Do these things count?
39. Any plans today? Must write! Grocery shop. Watch junk TV while husband is gone.
40. How many states have you lived in? Five: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Georgia (don’t ask), Colorado and Washington (currently.)
41. Ever go to college? Sure, a bunch of times. Started masters degrees in both English Lit and Urban Planning.
42. Where are you right now? On my couch in my living room.
43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now. Politics as soap opera.
44. Last song listened to: Sugar Baby, Bob Dylan.
46. Are you allergic to anything? Something in the air on April evenings.
47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time. Espadrilles I bought in Spain.
48. Are you jealous of anyone? Yes.
50. Is anyone jealous of you? Only those who don’t know me well.
51. What time is it? 11:16
52. Do any of your friends have children? Yes.
53. Do you eat healthy? I try not to be obsessed with food. I cook from scratch, that’s about my only rule.
54. What do you usually do during the day? Write, garden, write, work on conference, write, read.
55. Do you hate anyone right now? Nope.
56. Do you use the word “hello” daily? Does “hi” count? Yup, I’ll bet I do, but sometimes it’s typed.
58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? The cat ate my homework.
59. Have you ever been to Six Flags? What?
60. How did you get one of your scars? Bit of a scar on my forehead. In high school I drove into a tree driving too fast.